Reasons to Shop Local
DO YOU KNOW
10 Reasons to shop local
1. More jobs: When businesses grow, more jobs open up. The new employees and their families then add their support and spend money in the community.
2. Our shops help people: It is known that local businesses are more likely to support local charities, schools and events. Supporting local shops supports the community.
3. Great products, great prices: Our businesses offer a wide range of products and services at affordable prices. Plus, think about this. The more you shop at a place, the more it grows, which means more products and even lower prices.
4. Save money: Out of town shops have done a good job of convincing us that all local businesses = expensive. But that’s not true. The cost of wasted time plus transporting large products can add up, and not to mention the gas prices!
5. Save businesses: Wouldn’t you hate it if all the local shops just disappeared? By shopping there you are asking them to stay and grow.
6. Be distinct: Local shops tend to local needs. They know you and create distinctive shopping experiences and stock different products to cater to the community.
7. Preserve the environment: Local shops often stock a high percentage of local goods. That means less gas is used to transfer goods, which also means a cleaner environment. Plus, local foods are better for you!
8. Convenient for everyone: Most people can get to their local shops easily. This is especially important for the young, elderly and anyone without transportation.
9. Local shops value you more: Evidence from numerous surveys show people receive better customer care and service locally. Local businesses survive by reputation. Plus, a familiar face equals a warmer smile.
10. Bring more to Greater Mystic: Private and public sector services cluster around shops. The more they see economic growth, the more attracted they are to moving their business, here.
SHOP SMART, shop local
Credit to the Brazoria Chamber of Commerce.
Copyright Greater Mystic Chamber of Commerce 2006. All Rights Reserved.