Employment Opportunities in the Greater Mystic, Groton & Southeastern Connecticut Region
Women's Business Development Center Searching for Chief Financial Officer
Description Connecticut economic development organization seeks a part-time Chief Financial Officer (CFO) consultant to support its rapid growth as the leading provider of entrepreneurial services across the state. This is a leadership role for a disciplined and action-oriented individual or firm, who can handle multiple priorities simultaneously, and seamlessly. Travel required. Compensation commensurate with experience.
About Us The Women’s Business Development Council (WBDC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, providing entrepreneurial training, financial education, and access to capital services to women entrepreneurs for over 20 years. Headquartered in Stamford with regional offices in New Haven and New London Counties, WBDC has assisted in the creation of nearly 1,800 businesses, supported the sustainability and expansion of 3,800 established businesses, and created more than 4,900 jobs.
What We Seek The ideal candidate will have hands-on, non-profit experience, specifically in the area of compliance, managing federal and state grants and contracts. This optimistic, big-picture thinker will work with the CEO and COO to formulate sustainable and realistic financial plans for the organization. Superior analytical, organizational, and presentation skills are a must. This person will work closely with WBDC’s Director of Finance & Operations, as well as the Board Treasurer and Finance Committee.
Duties and Responsibilities The CFO will be responsible for managing all financial aspects of the organization, including compliance and audit activities. Responsibilities include overseeing cash flow planning, preparing and reviewing budgets, and tracking operational metrics (KPIs). To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of risk management methods and the ability to create forecasting models.
• Manage allocations for grants/contracts
• Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital; conduct account and variance analysis to provide detailed support for assets and liabilities on a monthly basis
• Prepare and issue monthly balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports on a timely basis as needed to summarize and interpret current and projected financial position for organization leadership
• Oversee and assist in the preparation of long-term financial forecasts in conjunction with the Development Department and in concert with the organization’s strategic plan
• Collect appropriate data and prepare management reports
• Prepare and submit state and federal grant reporting by statutory deadlines
• Prepare and monitor grant budgets, i.e. original and budget vs. actual; ensure proper allocation and consistency between all grants
• Review annual financial budgets
WBDC: Chief Financial Officer Page 1 of 2
• Manage all data collection systems and analyze outcome metrics for both internal and external use
• Install, modify, document, and coordinate implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures
• Submit recommendations for improving the organization's accounting operation
• Evaluate grant expense allocation processes; suggest both operational and technical changes to methodologies that will improve efficiencies and accuracy of the allocation process, and ensure that we are maximizing the allocation on WBDC resources and expenses
• Manage all audits (Single State Audit; Financial Statement Audit; federal and state agency audits)
• Recommend and implement processes and systems to ensure clean opinion from auditors from their State Single Audit
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Management, Operations, or analytical discipline
• Master’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration-Finance; equivalent business experience will be considered
• Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred
• Prior experience as the CFO for a non-profit organization; experience working with external auditors, compliance and regulatory oversight
• Excellent knowledge of data analysis, risk management and forecasting methods
• Advanced Excel proficiency; 10+ years of practical experience using Excel for building and maintaining financial models
• Hands on working knowledge with QuickBooks and knowledge of Office Suite
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills; experience collaborating with a talented and passionate executive team
• Commitment to results; “can-do” mindset; outstanding problem-solving ability
• A natural curiosity and a “big picture” mentality; passion for the organization’s mission
Please apply if you:
• Possess an Entrepreneurial Mindset – creative, motivated, enthusiastic, and energetic
• Are highly detailed, and can see the big picture while working in the day-to-day
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are comfortable with change
• Take initiative, and are willing to go above and beyond
How to Apply Interested candidates should email their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list WBDC CFO Position in the e-mail subject line.
Disclaimer The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
WBDC, Inc. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement WBDC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome qualified applicants to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Steamboat Inn is Hiring!
Part time Front Desk (Steamboat Inn)
Steamboat Inn is a luxury Inn located in the heart of Downtown Mystic on the Mystic River. We are currently looking for a reliable, experienced, part time Front Desk personnel. This position will require working some holidays and weekends. Please, experienced applicants only. Hourly rate is subject to experience.
Part-time experienced Housekeeper (Steamboat Inn)
73 Steamboat Wharf
compensation: Starting $14 per hour.
employment type: part-time
Steamboat Inn is an 11 Room Luxury Inn located in the heart of Downtown Mystic along the Mystic River. We are currently seeking reliable, experienced, part-time housekeeper. Must be able to work independently and be a strong team member. Must have a positive attitude & solid attention to detail. Experience a plus, training available. Weekends & some holidays a must.
Are you starting a business or hiring in Mystic, Groton or Stonington?
The Mystic area has a zip code but no municipality. Stonington, East of the Mystic River, and Groton, West of the Mystic River, are the governing bodies that regulate and register businesses. Whether you want to start your own business or begin a career in the area, Southeastern Connecticut offers numerous resources and opportunities for employers and employees alike. Greater Mystic Chamber of Commerce can help you get the lay of the land, introduce you to our business community, and help you find resources for your needs. We are your local chamber, focused on helping you build relationships for your success.
Join the Fox Family! Become a Pest Pro Technician
Seeking hard-working and reliable team player with a good driving record to join our fast growing Fox Family. This full-time Pest Pro position services accounts and cultivates relationships with our customers. We are looking for someone who excels working both on an individual and a team level. No experience necessary. We will train you and help you through the certification process.
Earn $3,500 a month!
$500 Signing bonus and a $500 recruiting bonus!
Benefits for full-time employees (after 60 days)
Minimum age requirement (20 yrs. old)
Maximum of (1) traffic violation on record
Drug testing required
Fox Pest Control is one of the top full-service pest control companies in North America. Our Core Values and commitment to our employees and customers is unmatched. Learn more here: https://fox-pest.com/careers/