Employment Opportunities in the Greater Mystic, Groton & Southeastern Connecticut Region
TALENT ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
Reporting to the Lead Talent Coordinator and collaborating with MAO Security, MAO Field Operations, and fellow Talent Assistants, the Talent Assistant performs as a liaison between the Miss America Organization (MAO) and the Candidates. Duties include, but are not exclusive to:
1. Create and maintain an organized ‘home base’ for the candidates
2. Candidate schedules daily review while maintaining updates/changes
- rehearsals, events, on-stage competition, assist with coordinating schedules for judges’ interviews, wardrobe fittings, etc.
- end of day meetings with Candidates reviewing next day schedule
3. Assist with Candidates Hotel Check-in Dec 10th & Dec 11th
4. Assist with Candidate mail and package distribution according to MAO policy
5. Daily communication with all teams via Google Docs, email, and/or phone/text
6. Distribute various documents, including Dressing Room Letter, Candidate Wardrobe Requirements Letter, MAO Rules for Competition, etc.
7. Work closely with the Security Team to ensure a safe environment for Candidates
- For example, assist with candidates movement from their hotel rooms, around property and venue, and return to hotel rooms, as needed
8. Assist with candidates’ meal break schedule
9. Work in conjunction with the Dressing Room Co-Coordinators (DRC)
- help prepare dressing room with appropriate picture/name plates for each candidate station
- assist with lunchtime talent rehearsals (getting candidates from rehearsal to lunch, and vice versa), as well as MAO scheduled press interviews
- help DRC with supplies as needed to maintain a comfortable environment
- assist DRC to ensure candidates are dressed and ready for all production-related events, on-stage rehearsals, preliminary competitions, and live TV production
- help provide a continuous presence in the Dressing Room when the candidates are present, as needed
- help organizing candidates’ dressing room move-out day on Dec 19th
Other Talent Assistant Information
Lead Talent Coordinator will create Talent Assistant schedule after Production & Event Schedules are finalized sometime in November.
Six (6) Full-time Talent Assistants - One secured, need five (5) from Tuesday, Dec. 10th through Friday, Dec. 19th. Will stay overnight at Mohegan Sun on the candidates/support staff floor - hotel & meals included.
Full-Time Talent Assistants (6) will assist with daily Call Times, Meal Breaks, and duties listed above. While rooms are provided at Mohegan Sun, it’s expected there will be some breaks in the daily schedule including some evenings. On those evenings, Talent Assistants will be needed when the Candidates return to their floor for the review of the next day’s schedule & mail distribution.
Four (4) Part-Time Talent Assistants from Tuesday, Dec 10th through Friday, Dec 19th to assist during the Candidate Interview days (2 days tba), during the candidates’ daily lunch-hour, and other duties listed above. Schedule is subject to change, however as a guide between 11a-2p depending on Candidates Schedule - lunch included.
If you or someone you know may be interested in this opportunity, contact the Mystic Chamber @ 860.572.9578 or Susan Henrique, CMP:
Director of Business Development & International Sales, Connecticut Convention & Sports Bureau
Work at a Connecticut’s Top Workplace: Chelsea Groton Bank
We are looking for the best of the best to join our team of extraordinary people to fill positions in our Retail Banking department. Team members work directly with customers and provide a full range of consumer and business banking services with an emphasis on helping customers achieve their goals.
• Customer Solutions Branch Manager II (Norwichtown Branch)
• Customer Solutions Assistant Manager (Float Team)
• Customer Solutions Specialist (Float Team)
• Customer Solutions Associates I and II (Float Team)
If you value exceptional service, thriving businesses and communities, and lasting partnerships, then look no further. We have great opportunities for professional growth and development.
Please visit Careers at www.chelseagroton.com for more specific information.
Director of Procurement Technical Assistance Center
seCTer - Southeastern Connecticut Enterprise Region - Groton, CT
This is an exciting opportunity to lead Connecticut's Procurement Technical Assistance Center (CTPTAC), a program that helps businesses become government contractors and/or expand their existing work.This program is hosted by the Southeastern Connecticut Enterprise Region (seCTer), an economic development agency and small business lender located in Groton, CT, however this position provides statewide services. CTPTAC is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the Defense Logistics Agency
The CTPTAC Director is responsible for planning, coordinating and overseeing all activities for the CTPTAC program to maximize performance and value, and achieve program goals. Click for more information about this employment opportunity here.
Work at Connecticut’s Top Workplace – Chelsea Groton Bank
The Marketing Department at Chelsea Groton Bank is seeking a Graphic Design & Digital Specialist. This individual will develop print and digital ads, brand collateral, business development materials, email and social media campaigns, in-branch advertising and more, in line with the Bank’s brand guidelines. This individual is responsible for maintaining and updating the Bank’s website, per strategic goals and website analytics, and serve as administrator of the Bank’s other digital marketing channels, including ATMs and online banking. For more details, visit chelseagroton.com
Are you starting a business in Mystic, Groton or Stonington?
The Mystic area has a zip code but no municipality. Stonington, East of the Mystic River, and Groton, West of the Mystic River, are the governing bodies that regulate and register businesses. Whether you want to start your own business or begin a career in the area, Southeastern Connecticut offers numerous resources and opportunities for employers and employees alike.Greater Mystic Chamber of Commerce can help you get the lay of the land, introduce you to our business community, and help you find resources for your needs. We are your local chamber, focused on helping you build relationships for your success.
Resources & GMCC Economic Partners
Town of Groton 860-446-5995 or visit www.groton-ct.gov to determine your location
City of Groton www.cityofgroton.com 860-446-4102
Town of Stonington www.stonington-ct.gov 860-535-5050
The Greater Mystic Chamber of Commerce is your first stop for referrals and information. Come see us for statistics and referrals. Meet with SCORE in our conference room.
seCTer ( Southeastern Connecticut Enterprise Region) is dedicated to strengthening our local economy and can help with marketing and business development.
UCONN Small Business Development Center can meet with you and help you navigate as you investigate starting a business in our region.
Step Up is a Subsidized Training and Employment Program - your company may be eligible for incentive programs for hiring certain candidates.
PTAP is Procurement Technical Assistance Program - Your company could match the government's needs - reserch a government contract availability and qualifications through this SECTer sponsored program.