Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to be an advocate for business and tourism; to promote business alliances; to provide valuable benefits and services to our members; and to serve as a strong community partner in the economic development efforts in the the Greater Mystic area.
Visibility & Exposure
- Programs and networking opportunities, including Business After Hours, Business Before Hours, Groton Business Association meetings, Learning Lunches and more!
- Membership Directory and Relocation Guide, viewed by thousands of businesses, residents and visitors every year with a print distribution of 20,000+
- Detailed listing on mysticchamber.org and direct web link back to your website. The GMCC website has over 300,000 referrals per year, as well as a range of advertising opportunities.
- Post news and events in our Homepage news feed, inclusion in our weekly e-mail newsletters to more than 1,700 local residents and businesses
- Advertise your business in our Welcome Center
- Hosted by Susette Tibus and Kristin Hartnett, talk your business up on the GMCC’s popular public access television show, Mystic Matters
- Free marketing of grand openings and ribbon-cuttings; the GMCC invites local government officials and brings the ceremonial scissors and ribbon
- The GMCC will send publish press releases on its website on behalf of our Members
- Referrals from the GMCC staff whenever inquiries are received
- A membership decal— a sign of an invested community business in Southeastern CT!
- Main Street Mystic Banner - a benefit for non-profit members, a week long banner hang devoted to your event
- We regularly scour HARO (Help A Reporter Out) emails searching for opportunites for free press for our Members. Learn more about HARO here. Here's an article published in Forbes Magazine about the benefits of HARO
- We offer other opportunities for Members to get their businesses in front of the hundreds of visitors that pass through our Mystic Welcome Center doors. Learn more about Sponsorship opportunities here. They come with tons of fringe benefits and puts your business front-and-center on all print and digital marketing assets
Advocacy & Support
- The GMCC staff each have an area of expertise and are a resource for small businesses in need of help and information
- Chamber staff represent our members through its membership and participation in many organizations, serving as a liaison to the Greater Mystic area
- We will write letters of advocacy for business interests in the community, and attend public hearings in support
Other Great Benefits
- Special invitations and prices for GMCC sponsored events, including Business After Hours
- Discounts and promotions are available only to GMCC members
- Receive a copy of the GMCC’s physical-address mailing list electronically at no charge
- Borrow our state-of-the-art LCD Projector and Sound System at no charge
- Participate on one of the GMCC’s many active committees—give your input and get involved!
- Only GMCC members can participate in the town-wide gift certificate program, Mystic Dollars. Since the program began in 1998, it has grossed over $226,000 in sales— all money that goes directly back to those participating local member businesses. JOIN TODAY
- The Greater Mystic Chamber of Commerce staff and Board of Directors serve on over 50 town, city and non-profit committees and organizations. We regularly write letters of support on behalf of our member organizations and advocate for members at local, regional and state levels
- Information about Member businesses is posted an the Chamber social media pages, reaching 13,500 combined Followers
- The Chamber hosts a variety of well-attended networking and community events. Members attend at reduced rates, as well as having the opportunity to host. Members are invited to sponsor community events, which bring thousands of visitors to our area
- The Chamber serves as a vital community resource to residents and looking for informaiton and recommendations. Staffers routinely refer member businesses in response to inquiries
- Members can use the copiers at a wholesale rate, borrow the projector or sound system, or use our meeting room at no charge.
- Only Greater Mystic Chamber of Commerce members are able to participate in the Mystic Dollars Gift Certificate program, which has grossed more than $250,000 since inception and all goes directly back to member businesses.